V3 PROGRAM – Year 10 -11 -12
At Carwatha College P-12, ALL students study VCE over three years. That extra year of our personalised, innovative approach to senior studies means your child has a greater chance of success. Over V3 empowers students to achieve better results, seek out better oppurtunities and make better choices for their future.
Gives our students ahead start and time to consolidate skills
Wider choice, more breadth of study
Stronger oppurtunities for increased ATAR
This program will be exclusive and selective. Students who show high academic aptitude and have high academic aspirations are encouraged to apply to our SEE program.
SEE has been developed to address the needs of high achieving students who demonstrate academic excellence, high levels of task commitment and outstanding creativity. A ‘high achiever’ must be prepared to take on the challenges offered, be willing to take risks and to set more challenging goals.
The program aims to allow students to:
- Develop deep understanding and critical thinking skills
- Enhance their ability to work with more abstract and in-depth course material
- Become effective problem solvers
- Successfully work as independent and co-operative learners
- Create pathways to success for their future study and career aspirations
The program will be delivered to include a:
- Personalised curriculum with opportunities to respond to the learner’s needs
- STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) Focus
- Curriculum differentiated through changes in pace, depth, complexity and teaching method
- ICT Rich program with 1:1 device
- Curriculum Aligned Excursions
- Accelerated VCE (V3) which has no traditional Year 10. All Year 10 students undertake VCE Unit 1 and 2.
Students in the program will fully immerse themselves in the life of the college. They are expected to participate in the following extension activities outside the classroom:
- Australian Maths Competition
- Science Talent Search
- Creative Writer Workshops
- Public Speaking and Debating Workshops
- College Instrumental Music Program
- Leadership and Mentoring
Support and Pathways
Students in the program are supported and carefully monitored by key staff, including a team of hand selected, high quality teaching staff to ensure that their specific needs are being catered for. They are provided with the chance to explore future pathways and career opportunities while completing goal-setting and study enhancement programs.
FTA Football Academy
The Football Technique Australia school academy will deliver a high level football program for Carwatha College Year 5 - Year 9 enrolled students as part of the student curriculum.
There will be an annual intake of 25-50 motivated students into the program starting 2018. Enrolment is via application and a skill assessment. This exciting program will feature the latest training methods, including skill acquisition, conditioning, mental preparation, game intelligence and football awareness.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Specialised training each term
- Training all year round on grass and indoor surfaces
- Training gear (top, shorts, socks, jacket)
- One morning session and one double period (Total of 3 sessions per week)
- Working with highly qualified and enthusiastic professional coaches
- Special appearances from previous and current A League players & coaches
- Strength training
- Working in a secure and safe environment with like-minded student athletes
HOW TO APPLY:
To be part of this new and exciting program designed to accelerate your football development and school learning, please register your expression of interest and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly.